Thursday 1 January 2009

New years day







I can think of no better way to start a new year than spending what ever hours of the day weather permits along a beautiful remote coastline, a place that means more to me than any other I have ever visited. watching otters. For many years this has become something of a ritual, admittedly I have missed the odd year, perhaps after a little over indulgence in hogmanay celebrations.



Although there is rarely more than a week that will pass when I dont visit atleast one of my favourte otter sites, for me there is something very special about watching them on the first day of the year, with heart warming thoughts of the year which lies ahead and the encounters and experiences watching them will bring.



Today the weather could not have been better, clear skies and hardly a breath of wind. In total i saw five otters, all regulars; a mother and cub, a female and a dog passing through.